Ingstad Alloy Pole
Light, comfortable, hardy all-rounder
Ingstad is a brand new aluminium pole manufactured in I 7075 aluminium for light weight and solidity. With a long and comfortable handle designed to allow an easy change of grip in varying terrain, it is perfect for anyone going out in the back country, trekking and touring.
Designed and developed in collaboration with Per Finne Design at Voss in Norway to withstand long and hard use in the mountains and on expeditions.
- Long grip in EVA – designed for quick changes of grip
- New belt construction – for easy length adjustment
- New belt lock
- New adjustment around the wrist (one-hand grip)
- Security leash attachment
- Solid loose snow basket in Hypalon and PA6
- Aluminium construction
Choosing the right length
Ski poles for back country use will usually have to be approximately 35-40cm shorter than your own height, as a thumb of rule. Another way to measure, is to pick a pole that is around length from your armpit to the ground or 5cm shorter whilst standing upright.
Skill, experience, use and personal preferences will also influence your choice of length. But be sure to not choose your poles too long, as that hinders blood circulation in the arms, makes it uncomfortable and gives you cold fingers while skiing in cold weather. All in all, it is about personal preferences.
- Length130,135,140,145,150,155,160 cm
- Weight450 g (per pair, 145cm)
- MaterialAlloy 7075
- UseMountain and expeditions
- Basket materialHypalon and PA6